The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

3rd March 2009

Cathy's birding education continued with a visit to Titchwell. The hides produced the usual stuff, 200+ Avocet, decent numbers of Pintail and some grotty Herring Gulls that I couldn't turn into Caspian. Scrutiny of the saline marsh yielded 2 Ringed Plover, 1 Grey Plover and 2 Black-tailed Godwit. A prolonged seawatch was ultimately disappointing, a diver I squinted at for 15 minutes turned out to be Red-throated, and there was a distinct lack of Eider or Long-tails. A few Goldeneye & Red-breasted Mergansers later I called it quits. On the way back to the visitors centre the brent flock settled on a large pool, and I managed to find the Black Brant. On the way back I was able to see a Slavonian Grebe & 2 Little Grebes in Wells Harbour.

Year list 139 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment