The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

South Norwich

20th & 21st February 2010

On Saturday I spent sometime around the picnic area and woods at Whitlingham, hoping to catch up with a stray Waxwing or two. No luck, nothing more exciting than Fieldfares. On the broad there were still 6 Goosander (4 males/2 redheads), at least one Smew, the Ruddy Duck and the Red-necked Grebe. I spent some time staring at a gnarled tree where Adam had seen a Little Owl earlier in the week, but there was no sign of it whilst I was there. I went back via Trowse Woods, seeing a melanistic Rabbit in the fields nearby, and lots of Snowdrops in the woods.
.
I was put off going out for a walk on Sunday by the rain and sleet, but this worked in my favour as a male Blackcap put in an appearance in Cath's garden (Lakenham). Other visitors included Pied Wagtail, Wren and a decent sized flock of House Sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment