The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

Anyone know much about snails?

12th September 2010
.
Not much change on the broad from Friday, although no terns today. I took to the woods to hunt down a Coal Tit, probably the commonest patch bird that I have yet to catch up with, but no luck. Whilst looking at some cup fungi I found these interesting-looking snails. Tony Irwin has suggested they are probably Plaited Door Snails, but I would welcome confirmation from any Snail-experts out there.
.

1 comment:

  1. I found a section on snails in one of my insect books, its only got a few species in it but this one looks promising. Tree Snail (Balea perversa) locally common throughout Britain in rocky crevices or tree trunks upto 10mm long /3 mm across.

    ReplyDelete