The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available http://www.honeyguide.co.uk/documents/ThorpeMarshesWildlifeReport2016.pdf

NORWICH: White-letter Day

1st August 2012

Having found out that White-letter Hairstreaks had been seen nearby at Mousehold Heath, I waited until the sun came out and then headed down to Zaks carpark. I soon located a White-letter Hairstreak flying around a small elm, but it was being blown around quite a bit and seemed reluctant to land lower down.  I eventually managed to get a passable photo by holding my camera above my head!  I went and had a quick look at the banks of brambles behind the bandstand for White Admirals, but only found a Speckled Wood, with Ringlet and Gatekeeper a bit further round in an open glade.


No comments:

Post a Comment