The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available here.

NORTH NORFOLK: Felmingham thrush survey

4th January 2013

This morning I headed off to Felmingham to survey a core square for the BTO's Winter Thrush Survey. Having not seen any Redwings or Fieldfares at all so far this year, I wasn't overly optimistic. Arriving at the church I parked up and set off along the main road. I was almost a quarter of the way round my route before I encountered a single thrush, and I don't remember the last time I was so pleased to see a Blackbird. Continuing along down a minor road I saw a huge flock of Woodpigeons in the fields (at least 600+), and some Starlings (which I happily counted, giving the a lack of anything else). A Sparrowhawk and some finches livened the route slightly, but four more Blackbirds was the last of my survey birds. Whilst competing my route across a field I heard a couple of Skylarks passing overhead, and then three loose skeins comprising around 90 Pink-footed Geese flew south-east.


No comments:

Post a Comment