The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

WHITLINGHAM: Spring arrivals are just around the corner

17th March 2013

It seemed about the right time for Chiffchaffs, so I altered my normal route to take in Trowse Woods and various hedgerow habitats. I didn't hear any, although Justin tells me that there was one at Thorpe Marsh today, so they have begun to arrive. I did hear two calling Nuthatches, several Goldcrests, seven Redwing and a small flock of Siskins on my travels. 2 Pochard were the only ducks of note, whilst the lack of Egyptian Geese suggest that at least one pair may be at a nest somewhere nearby.

A bit short on interesting birds today, so have a look at this L.B.B. Gull


With the lack of birds I had another quick look along the woodland path for fungi, finding some Beechmast Candlesnuff on an old beechmast. It's probably quite common, but very easy to overlook unless you have been driven to hunt through the beechmast.


No comments:

Post a Comment