The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORWICH: City centre Waxwing

14th February 2014

My walk to work this morning was brightened up when I spotted a Waxwing feeding on an apple tree on Ber Street. It was about time quite frankly, I have checked this tree most weekdays over the winter expecting to see some winter thrushes feasting, but instead most of the apples have just fallen to the ground and started to rot. On my way home it was still in almost the same place, but had stopped feeding and instead was just perching in the rain, quite unperturbed by the pedestrians several yards away. I got a record shot with my point-and-shoot camera, but I recommend you check out David Bryant's website for some excellent pictures of the same bird: http://birdsoftheheath.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/bohemian-like-you.html


No comments:

Post a Comment