The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available here.

WHITLINGHAM: Unsuccessful Osprey search

9th September 2015

I hadn't intended to go out on Wednesday evening, but when I saw that an Osprey had just flown over the Little Broad at Whitlingham I thought I'd better head down there in case it hung around or flew back over. Unsurprisingly it didn't, and for now Osprey remains a notable gap on my patch list. There have been a number of sightings recently, I'm not sure whether there is just one roaming bird or different ones west of Norwich and in the mid Yare. I walked to the end of the broad to scan over Thorpe Marsh as well, but with no sign there either I headed back. On the way I counted the Cormorants in the roost trees, counting at least 42, which is high for this time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment