The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available here.

NORWICH: Back to Mousehold Heath

31st December 2015

The last day of the year, and having dropped Cathy off in the city I carried on round and went to Mousehold Heath again. Having ascertained that I was in the wrong place when I looked before, I headed a bit further along the slope, searching birch trees as I went, and this time found the tree that had Plicatura crispa growing on (alongside Hairy Curtain Crust, Stereum hirsutum). The brackets were old, but still recognisable, including the gill-like folds underneath. Whilst looking at the fungi I could hear Goldcrests calling, and I picked out the sound of a Treecreeper moving through the trees with them. After checking a few birds I found the Treecreeper, and watching it spiralling up a nearby birch, which was a nice end to the years wildlife watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment