The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available here.

WHITLINGHAM: A couple of new woodland plants



18th February 2017

After my Ringland visit I headed to Whitlingham Woods for a quick walk around before picking Cathy up from the city. Whilst there I noticed some Spurge Laurel, a plant I’ve not recorded here before. Further along I went to check a fern (I’m still looking for Borrer’s Scaly Male Fern here, which was recorded on a vegetation survey years ago) and was surprised to discover it was Soft Shield Fern, only the second time I have seen this species. I just had time to check some Box bushes, finding one of the same galls seen at Catton Park, before heading back.



No comments:

Post a Comment