The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORWICH: Some rare plants found by other people

Mid October 2021

In between other things I managed to visit a couple of sites in east Norwich during October, taking advantage of sterling work put in by Louis and Chris. Firstly at a woodland site I finally caught up with two tiny plants that I had unsuccessfully looked for in the past, Allseed and Chaffweed. Whilst there I also saw a fungus that has eluded me for a long time, Bracken Club fungus. Despite Bracken being very common in many of the places I visit, this was a new one for me.



The other species I had a quick look at was Stinking Fleabane, Dittrichia graveolens. This new to Norfolk plant had been found earlier in the month growing along the A47 near Postwick. Unfortunately by the time I got there it had gone to seed, but given that there is a large population and its a very busy road, it's likely to spread out quite quickly I would imagine.


No comments:

Post a Comment