The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available http://www.honeyguide.co.uk/documents/ThorpeMarshesWildlifeReport2016.pdf

NORWICH: Forget-me-not Shieldbug

4th May 2015

One of my wildlife targets for this year was to see a new species of Shieldbug. Although I didn't have a particular species in mind (there are lots I haven't seen!), I thought Juniper Or Bishop's Mitre Shieldbug would be good. I was standing in my kitchen with a cup of tea, looking at the bees flying around the Green Alkanet in the backyard when I noticed a black Shieldbug walking along a stem. I nipped outside and potted it, and after a look at the excellent British Bugs website I identified it as Forget-me-not Shieldbug. Great to get a new species, and even better for being in the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment