The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORWICH: Earlham Cemetery summer insects

Late June 2015

During the last week I have made three brief visits to Earlham Cemetery. The first one was a bit of a washout as there was a heavy shower. The second two visits were made during warm weather and I saw a range of insects. There had clearly been an emergence of Yellow-and-black Longhorn and Swollen-thighed beetles, both of which could be found visiting bramble flowers. Meadow Plant Bug was numerous but still a new species for me. I found a tortoise beetle Cassida vibex  on a Knapweed plant, a Malachite Beetle, and a Yellow Shell moth was flushed from the grass. On the final visit I also saw some Common Broomrape growing in one of the older grassland areas.



No comments:

Post a Comment