The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORWICH: Some new plants & plant fungi

Mid-March 2022

With it not yet being prime insect season, my daily walk into the city still has a mostly plant and plant fungi based focus. Down a small alleyway near my house I noticed some naturalised spurge plants that I was able to identify as Turkish Wood Spurge, whilst I finally stopped ignoring a brassica I'd seen the week before along Chapelfield and identified it as White Mustard.

 



I have been regularly checking Pellitory-of-the-wall for a recent colonist leaf-mining moth (so far unsuccessfully) but did find the leaf spots of Ramularia parietariae on one plant. A more intentional search of Herb Robert plants successfully turned up another leaf fungus, Coleroa robertiana.




No comments:

Post a Comment