The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available http://www.honeyguide.co.uk/documents/ThorpeMarshesWildlifeReport2016.pdf

NORWICH: Earlham Cemetery

3rd January 2012

A rainy day meant I spent most of the time indoors, seeing a Jay and a couple of Coal Tits in the garden.  When the rain did stop I went for a walk in the eastern half of Earlham Cemetery (which would surely be renamed as Britain's Magical Squirrel Land if the Broads Authority had anything to do with it*).  I had hoped to catch up with a Treecreeper or Nuthatch, but the best thing I found was a couple of Goldcrests.  Redwing and Goldfinch flocks were also flying around.  I thought I may have found a roosting Tawny Owl when I found a Jay screeching at a large tree, but it turned out that the Jay simply hates Ivy.


* If you don't understand this, it's my first mention of the year of the Broads Authority's re-branding of the broads as Britain's Magical Waterland.

No comments:

Post a Comment