The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

WHITLINGHAM SPECIES GUIDES

A sort of lethargy has prevented me from ever properly catching up on my garden blog entries - I will get there eventually!

In the mean time I'm promoting my Whitlingham Species Guides again. During the strictest part of lockdown I did quite a bit of work on these, adding some species, making the layout a bit more uniform and writing some new ones. If you haven't seen them before then they are a mixture of guides and checklists, aiming to eventually cover all of the wildlife that has been recorded on my patch. There are several reasons for doing this:
  • To make sure there is a publically accessible list of wildlife records for the area
  • To help other naturalists ID things they are not familiar with
  • To encourage people to submit records of wildlife from Whitlingham
  • To encourage people to undertake similar recording projects on their own local patches

The guides can be found on the species guides tab on the blog (https://jamesbirdsandbeer.blogspot.com/p/whitlingham-do.html)

Recent guides include arachnids, plant bugs and leafhoppers, whilst there have been large updates to hoverflies (thanks mainly to some excellent new records from Anne Crotty) and several other guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment