The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available here.

Its not looking good for my 5 Grebe haul

I'm sure it hasn't escaped anyones notice that after my last post, a Slavonian Grebe did indeed turn up at Whitlingham. The thing is, I haven't seen it. Bollocks. The main problem with winter is the going to work and returning in the dark, and accordingly I only managed to get down to the country park today (fridays are POETS days). In the fading light I picked out Red-necked Grebe, 2 Smew and a Goosander, whilst the Great Northern Diver was also there. I'll be back down in the morning in case it was just sheltering from the rain, but I have a nasty suspicion its left for good. Darn darn darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment