The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available here.

20th February 2009

A day out on the train, looking for two birds I missed at their regular locations in January. Firstly I went to Sheringham, where after a quick walk along the length of the promenade I saw a Purple Sandpiper in a gap between boulders. Then back on the train and a rather muddy walk from Roughton Road to Felbrigg Hall. I was rewarded with good views of 5 male & 2 female Mandarin, one of my bogey birds from previous years. Little else of note, although having not seen a Skylark until the previous week, they were singing everywhere, all day!

Year list 130 species

No comments:

Post a Comment