The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORWICH AREA: Unseasonal Egyptian Geese brood

1st October 2012

On my way home from work I got a phone call from Cathy to say that she had seen the local pair of Egyptian Geese at Pull's Ferry, and they appeared to have at least two goslings with them! I had a walk along Riverside Road and looked across at the ferry, seeing four young Egyptian Geese. Egyptian Geese do have a reputation for attempting to breed in winter, but usually at the start of the year rather than in autumn. Steve on BirdForum informed me that he had seen seven goslings earlier in the day close by at Cow Tower, so hopefully the other three were close by but out of sight. I shall keep an eye out to see how they get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment