The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available http://www.honeyguide.co.uk/documents/ThorpeMarshesWildlifeReport2016.pdf

NORWICH: Sweetbriar Marshes

18th May 2011

It was a dreary looking afternoon, but I decided to go for a quick walk before tea. I decided to walk from Andersons Meadow to Sweetbriar, a walk which i should have done much more than I have now I'm living over this part of the city. On my way a Little Egret flew over from the direction of the Waterworks, a notable record for the city. It began to drizzle, but a few warblers were singing, I managed Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff, Blackcap and Whitethroat. Further on I found a woodpeckers nest with calling chicks, and a photogenic Banded Demoiselle was sheltering amongst the reeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment