The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORWICH: Bewick's Swan on the Wensum

17th April 2012

Having moved house recently I have been looking forward to my new scenic walk home from work, notably along the River Wensum.  Today the walk had an added bonus, in the form a Bewick's Swan!  I had noticed on Birdguides that someone had seen it in the morning, but thought it would be long gone by afternoon.  I had time to nip home, get my camera and come back.  It was staying within a fairly small section of river, between Cow Tower and a slipway just east of it.  An excellent Norwich bird, is it expecting too much for it to relocate to Whitlingham one evening?!


[Update] Bewick's Swan still present late afternoon Friday 20th April near Pull's Ferry.

No comments:

Post a Comment