The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORWICH: Skywatching

26th May 2014

After a busy few months I was relaxing at home when I noticed a couple of twitter messages from the Peregrine watchpoint at the cathedral, where the volunteers had seen a Booted Eagle fly over heading north. The highest point around Norwich to look out for raptors would probably be St James' Hill at Mousehold, but it would have already been past there so I decided to go into the back garden and just watch the skies for a while. This actually proved quite successful, as I saw two Buzzards and a Peregrine, both garden ticks. By the time I came in for lunch there had been several other sightings, including one from the A47 level with Whitlingham. More sightings were reported later in the afternoon too, although so far no photos have emerged.

No comments:

Post a Comment