The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

WHITLINGHAM: December bird count

13th December 2020

The final WeBS count of the year, and quite probably my final patch visit of 2020 too. In the past December has been a productive patch month - my best birding find here, a female Ring-necked Duck, came in December, whilst various other winter wildfowl can turn up around this time, but today it was rather quiet. Numbers of Tufted Duck nudged towards 200 - I counted 191 in the end, whilst six Goldeneye was a decent count although lower than some counts earlier in the month. 14 Pochard, 84 Gadwall, 88 Mallard and 5 Teal completed the duck counts. Four Little Egrets were still present around the Little Broad, although I suspect a few more might have roosted but departed before I got there. It was damp and fairly busy, so I didn't linger or note anything of non-avian interest either.



No comments:

Post a Comment