The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2016 is now available to download here.

The previous reports are also availble: 2015 here,
2014 report here and the 2013 report here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed sightings, information and photos to these reports.

You may also be interested in Chris Durdin's Thorpe Marsh Wildlife Report for 2016, which is available http://www.honeyguide.co.uk/documents/ThorpeMarshesWildlifeReport2016.pdf

WHITLINGHAM: Thorpe Marshes again

15th April 2011

Realistically I knew that the Wheatear would be gone, but as birds don't find themselves I figured I'd give Thorpe another look. The first half of the visit was the same as the first, although watching three Little Ringed Plovers is never dull. A careful scan of the spit from the bird screen (or is it now a hide now it has three sides?) turned up my first Common Sandpiper of the year, whilst a Whitethroat sang from the riverside trees behind me. I let one of the Thorpe Marsh regulars use the 'scope to look at the Common Sand, and he told me that he is seeing a Red Kite most weeks over his house in Thorpe, so fingers crossed for a much-anticipated patch tick sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment