The Whitlingham Bird Report for 2023 is now available to download from the Bird Reports page or from here

NORWICH: Garden lockdown list days 85 & 86

DAY 85 - 14th June 2020

After getting brief glimpses of what initially looked like a small leafcutter bee, I was finally able to confirm that we had at least one Orange-vented Mason Bee visiting the garden. My pride and joy, some Viper's Bugloss purchased last year at Natural Surroundings, had also come into flower which was nice.



170. Osmia leiana (bee)

DAY 86 - 15th June 2020

Whilst out in the garden with Rose we watched a Buzzard soar over - it seems strange to think I'd not seen any up until this year, but it clearly is just related to the amount of time we have spent out in the garden this spring. I heard a family party of Long-tailed Tits nearby, which after checking was confirmed as a new lockdown garden bird, whilst I also found a Diamond-back Moth on the wall outside. I also noticed that the first of the Large White butterfly eggs that we had watched being laid had hatched.



171. Long-tailed Tit (heard only)
172. Diamond-back Moth


No comments:

Post a Comment